3DCoat Forums

Clothing questions and glitch?

So I am attempting to use the clothing tool, and I started with a retopo dress, and when I start the simulation with the cloth tool in sculpt mode, it starts sinking through the mesh. I'm sure there is a way to make it rest on the mesh, but I don't know how to do that. Is it a glitch or a setting I missed?

Also, I don't know how to do layered clothing. Is that something where I should make it all as a retopo mesh and then bring it in to create wrinkles with the cloth tool? Or do I make a piece, use the cloth tool, then import as a voxel object, and repeat with each piece?

I have been using this tutorial which is helpful, but it doesn't talk about layered clothing.

Thanks!

2.png

1.png

3.png

Edited by Ariannwyn

That is helpful but now I am having another problem. When I start the simulation it is not letting me wrinkle it with my brush - nothing is happening. Symmetry is off so that isn't causing the problem. I am not certain how to fix this.

Edited by Ariannwyn

On 8/31/2016 at 8:58 PM, Carlosan said:

After create the plane mesh in retopo room, is important to move the edge inside the base mesh model to keep the verts stick. 

create base model

1.jpg

create retopo mesh

2.jpg

Move verts inside Base mesh to stick verts

3b.jpg

Use cloth tool

3.jpg

Start simulation

4.jpg

Send result mesh to reto room

5.jpg