3DCoat Forums

3D Coat Crashing Every Time I Try to Bake

KelthorPower

Hello, I'm currently on the trial version of 3D Coat, seeing if it's right for me (I say that just in case there's some limitations in the trail version unbeknownst to me).

I currently have a relatively basic obj. file (a bell post) that I've retopo'd. I now want to update the model in the paint room with the retopo mesh, and then afterwards bake normals. 

Every time I bake though, 3D Coat crashes. Every time. Any hints on what could be going wrong? I'm on a GTX 780, 16gbs of RAM, so I'm not thinking the rig is the issue, but who knows. 

Thanks in advance everyone; besides these occasional technical hiccups, I'm enjoying learning this program. 

Capture.JPG

Appreciate it; that didn't help in this particular case, but I DID manage to get done what I was trying to do (bake a normal map). I just used Normal Bake w/ PTEX and that sent over the normal as well as the low-poly mesh to the paint room. Feels really good to have that done! First time I've baked normals.

I'll keep fiddling and bump the thread if I find out the direct source of the crash. Thanks for the suggestion.  

• Like 1