3DCoat Forums

[Solved] CRASH! when selecting smart materials in a certain project

I was working on a project that my coworker had started. I was doing some minor repainting and then going to add some smart materials.

5022b0be4a.jpg

When I clicked on a leather based Smart Material, it produced the screen below. I double checked, and it crashed on other smart materials are clicked on too. I've opened other projects, and it does not crash. So it is specific to this particular file. 

d181c371ee.png

Any ideas or help?

Let me know if I need to provide more information and I'll do my best.

• 2 weeks later...

Got similar problem - when I click on custom smart material - 3d-coat crashes. Without any error screens.

Tried on 4.711 and 4.7.13 - same thing.

My system

MacOs Sierra  10.12.1 (16B2555)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 

CPU 4 GHz Intel Core i7 

RAM 32 ГБ 1600 MHz DDR3 

GPU AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 МБ

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

osxicon.pngmacOS [4.7.24]:

http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-7-24.dmg

Ensure to check "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click the "lock" > select "App Store and identified developers" (when only "App Store" is selected error message is displayed "3D-Coat" can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store)

thanks but no - it still crashes ) Just click on material and game over )

15 hours ago, Carlosan said:

osxicon.pngmacOS [4.7.24]:

http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-7-24.dmg

Ensure to check "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click the "lock" > select "App Store and identified developers" (when only "App Store" is selected error message is displayed "3D-Coat" can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store)

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, SERGYI said:

"3D-Coat" crashes because macOS isolates "3D-Coat" executable from its data - typical problem under macOS Sierra. To solve it please do the following:
1. Remove folder "/Applications/3D-CoatV4-7".
2. Make sure that you have checked "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers" before downloading disk image with "3D-Coat" on your Mac.
3. Download "3D-Coat 4.7.32" for macOS from here and drag & drop it onto "Applications" alias as usually:

In case these 3 steps will not solve the problem then please do these additional steps:
4. In Terminal go into "Downloads" folder:
$ cd ~/Downloads
5. Check extended attributes of downloaded disk image with "3D-Coat 4.7.32".
$ ls -l@ 3D-CoatV4-7-32.dmg
Among them should be "com.apple.quarantine".
6. Delete quarantine attribute:
$ xattr -d com.apple.quarantine 3D-CoatV4-7-32.dmg
7. Check that attribute "com.apple.quarantine" has gone:
$ ls -l@ 3D-CoatV4-7-32.dmg
8. Remove previous folder "/Applications/3D-CoatV4-7". Open in "Finder" this disk image with "3D-Coat 4.7.32" on which you have removed "com.apple.quarantine" attribute and as usual drag & drop it into "Applications" icon.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2016 at 0:42 PM, SERGYI said:

Because as you have noticed this problem is specific to the particular file(s) please send me all involved files to the support DOT linux AT 3dcoat DOT com

Did you send the project as requested ?

17 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Did you send the project as requested ?

I've sended materials. There is no need to send project - because crash happens all the time, even in empty project where there is no mesh at all. 
Here is materials that I try to use 
(link to file)

Edited by Yarogor

Im on windows version, no crash from my side.

I guess it's a problem with folder permissions.

/3D-CoatV4-7/patterns

&

/3D-CoatV4-7/patterns/Various_01

Have read/write permissions for everyone ?

• Like 1

Wait a second. There is no files in patterns folder! Tried to reinstall extension - nope. No use )) 
What I did wrong? File-Install extension. Then 3D-coat suggest me to restart it - to apply all changes. Aaaaand there is nothing changes but in Smart materials window in 3DC -those materials are displayed 0_o

P.S. read/write permissions was disabled - I enable them

Edited by Yarogor

There isnt a folder "~/3D-CoatV47" ?

You can extract the content unzipping Various_01_3dcpack to copy. There is a folder patterns inside it.

And please contact SERGYI directly "support DOT linux AT 3dcoat DOT com"

I just wanted to add, that I have the same issue on mac. I got crashes on downloaded SmartMaterial packages. One of them is the same that Yarogor tries to use.
I am very interested in a solution as well!

I was looking for some smart materials because there is no real library for different material types? (like substance source/share)
Of course I could download and rebuild them in 3DCoat, but I was hoping for a solution that doesnt take weeks ^^.