3DCoat Forums

Material Black in Sculpt Room

Devbro

Check the bottom of your screen, you have a red warning about  the layer being non-uniform. Voxels need to be uniform. Whenever you stretch the voxels along one axis only, they become non-uniform.

Right click on the vox-tree ear layer and select global space or uniform space to fix the problem.

Just now, Carlosan said:

Check the bottom of your screen, you have a red warning about  the layer being non-uniform. Voxels need to be uniform. Whenever you stretch the voxels along one axis only, they become non-uniform.

Right click on the vox-tree ear layer and select global space or uniform space to fix the problem.

Hi thanks, I just tried that but nothing changed, all the other layers are lit up just fine as well so it's not the lighting.

Vertex normals are invisible lines pointing out of a 3D model's surface, at each vertex. The game compares these normals against a light's direction. If the light is directly facing a normal, the surface is brightest there. When a normal is facing away from a light, the surface doesn't get lit by it. 

Source...

On 12/2/2016 at 2:54 AM, Carlosan said:

Vertex normals are invisible lines pointing out of a 3D model's surface, at each vertex. The game compares these normals against a light's direction. If the light is directly facing a normal, the surface is brightest there. When a normal is facing away from a light, the surface doesn't get lit by it.

Source...

Oh oops I didn't see instructions for the flip normals in the previous post. Yeah I just tried that and the objects are still unlit. :/ This file was on another computer that crashed, so I took the file and installed 3d coat on this current one, all of the other objects were fine in this file that I transferred, do you think that has something to do with it?

Edited by Devbro

On 12/4/2016 at 3:50 AM, Carlosan said:

If you would send me the model, then I could take a look at it. Zip it and post it for download or send me a pm with the link.

Ok I zipped it and the total size is about 950 mb. It was 3.4 gb before being zipped is that normal? Anyway I can't send a file that large through a message.

In paint room, there is a layer

base

switching this layer visibility off

front legs > leg > Volume596

is visible again.

note:

When you paint a retopo model, always remember to switch off show voxels in paint room.

show voxels in paint room = on is used to polypaint any surface model from Sculpt room.

Hope this help

paint.jpg

Vox.jpg

SV.jpg

• Like 1

I had notice that some meshes are not in Global Space, and the mesh scale is not uniform (red warning at bottom)

remember to convert that meshes to Global Space after any resize in one direction because the mesh keep stretched.

GlobalSpace.jpg

• Like 1