3DCoat Forums

earth golem v2

haikalle

• Applink Developer

Hi!

This is my first finished model done in 3d-coat. I have been using 3d-coat for 2 months. This is very nice program to use. I really like the inside renderer.

It gives nice results. This was done with alpha 47.

post-1165-1231112194_thumb.jpg

post-1165-1231155608_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
Okey... Here is earth Golem version 2. It's only the head but, you have start somewhere.

post-1165-1248890709_thumb.png

Hey haikalle,

I like this one very much. A really impressive beginning. I am curious to see more... :)

I don't know how to retopo one like this, but really nice.

• Applink Developer

Thanks Taros for your kind words. Yep, This will be full of problems when I get to retopoly part. I will not add small hair, I can do it in my renderer. Here is a small update.

I have 17mil triangles so far.

post-1165-1248965961_thumb.png

• Applink Developer

Thanks everyone. It's nice to hear feedback like that. Well this week was hard. I had some hard time with arms. I don't have so good anatomy knowledge so everything I tried didn't work at all.

I tried all shape arms and it just felt that it dosen't fit at all. Big, small, short, long. Sometimes is frustrating when you know that your sculpt is not right but you don't know how to fix that, but

today I think I found right shape arms. It's not perfect but I think it is one step to good direction again. First picture shows a diffrent versions of my sculpt and second one is where I am right now.

post-1165-1249661142_thumb.jpg post-1165-1249661167_thumb.jpg

If you need help with anatomy, here's a website that I like to use for reference.

It has interactive anatomy models you can spin around with the mouse.

http://reybustos.com/04er/er.html

http://reybustos.com/04er/Week_13_Lohan_MX.htm

• Advanced Member
Thanks GabeM. Those links are very helpful because my next step is to rebuild arms. Here is a small update again. I will do the arms and then I'm going to start to reotpoly it and move it to houdini.

post-1165-1250197033_thumb.jpg

Very cool! Love the detail work at the bottom!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer

Hi again!

ShnitzelKiller, I have license for both windows and linux, bought a new computer and thats why it still trial. I have been using 3d-coat one year or so.

Here is a small update. I haven't have so much time to work with this one lately. Sculpting is almost done. Only hands are missing. Now it takes 20mil so it's still very workable.

I have already started to retopoly it. The second picture is a test about that. Model was taken to blender and rendered with vray. It uses normal and displacement maps. I was quite happy for result.

post-1165-1252157812_thumb.png post-1165-1252157779_thumb.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Contributor

Splodge, I hope you like the arms better in this picture. I'm not quite sure do I keep the weapon or not. It's hard to say

what kind of weapon this monster would carry...

post-1165-12692657541109_thumb.png

I think this weapon is cool! :) It totally fits the character .

(also:About GA sculpting minis,altough its not clearly written ,you cannot use already made work there.You must make something new each time you participate.

(you can use an already made basemesh but you cannot post an already made piece)

The purpose of the challenge is to make something new before due time.

Some people are very serious about that.(not me ;) )