3DCoat Forums

UV Unwrap retopo objects individually??

Beddall

Hey,

Is it possible to 'Unwrap' retopo objects individually when they live in the same scene?

I have 2 retopo objects ... A + B..  

I have already unwrapped A, and edited UV's individually to get the exact layout i need. 

I import Mesh B as another retopo object as it's the 2nd half of mesh A.

I try to unwrap it but whenever I do this it unwraps both models, overwriting the changes I have already made to mesh A 

The meshes live on seperate layers in the 'retopo objects' window. 

I've tried a number of options but I can't seem to find the workflow for unwrapping just the one mesh. 

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

cheers

HI, 

unfortunately they don't have seperate UV sets. they need to be paged up onto the same texture page. So i need to be able to see all UV's at the same time, but only unwrap mesh B. 

I think i have found a solution by using 'To LSCM' in the selected section.  it was having issues i think because, 'select UV Shell' selects uv shells based on their position in UV space it seems.... not based on whether or not they are actually connected. So I had marked all my seams... updated islands... but it was still selecting the whole thing as one UV shell.... until i moved them apart manually, face by face in the UV preview window. 

Thanks for the help