3D Coat Forums
Skye

Skye's sketchbook

Hello, I am new her and big fan of 3Dcoat, here is recent bust I did.

I tried to upload it to Sketchfab here

here

helmet.jpg

Somehow I am not able to edit all materials, I only wanted simple colors and tried retopo with low poly decimated parts but 3D coat froze :(

untitled.6.jpg

untitled.8.jpg

• Like 1

Slim pickens for the work you have shown. I have 12 and have run into a drop in performance with complex models. When I eventually get a new machine, I'm getting 32.

To understand how polypainting works, first consider a 2048 by 2048 texture map, which provides reasonable resolution. It has a total of a little over 4 million pixels.

If you work with a 4 million polygon model, then in terms of surface painting, simply assigning each polygon a uniform color gives the same amount of information as the 4 million pixel texture map.

I did reduced my voxtree layers by merging parts of it since I don't know yet how to properly work with symmetry during retopo and inputted 2048 and it worked a bit better. 

Another thing, I assigned only default shader on the model instead of those many. It is still lagging when painting, but for learning purposed it's enough I think :D

bustretopo.jpg

• Like 1

Cool models...

Very nice...