• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I had performance issues when texturing this whole thing, I deleted all sculpting layers to make 3b file smaller, got around 600Mbps and around 300k polys but curvature took forever to calculate, same as AO, so I decided to break model to smaller parts and assemble it in Unity. Here is texutred cabin with alpha for glass and test render in Octane for Unity, checking volumetrics option

testrender.JPG

volu.JPG

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Created some additional rocks using tiled sculpting. I used blob tool set to plane with free lasso. Then converted to surface mode and used Flatten clay with jitter on position and hard brush to chisel edges. Since displacement is BW I used same exr texture as opacity mask to mask out plane so only rocks are visible. Works well.

carmech21.3b.jpg

carmech.3b.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Nice gun, Looks a little too clean still though maybe dirty that handle up a but more, the metal parts look owrn enough but sweaty hands would darken the woowd, and make it shiny. Low opacity with a few larger textures just to break up the blocky colour somewhat might help too. 

Good progression in you work chap keep things coming.

• Advanced Member
On 4/9/2020 at 11:54 PM, Scary M said:

Nice gun, Looks a little too clean still though maybe dirty that handle up a but more, the metal parts look owrn enough but sweaty hands would darken the woowd, and make it shiny. Low opacity with a few larger textures just to break up the blocky colour somewhat might help too. 

Good progression in you work chap keep things coming.

Thanks for crit, will definitely keep that in mind on next project!

• 4 weeks later...