3DCoat Forums

preview image hotkey

cerokyn

• 7 years later...
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

This is the most workflow breaking default key combo I have ever witnessed. Esp for people who use a ton of hotkeys, Zbrush style, like Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Whatever Key in combination, and working fast, it is almost inevitable to hit these.

I wouldn't mind, if the program wouldn't crash guaranteed every single time I accidentally hit it, and often causing me to lose progress, even tho I already save frequently, incrementally, which is Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S for me.

I looked into the Help menu and couldn't find what you described @AbnRanger. Could you maybe hint me to how to disable this function in 2024+ ? I browsed the Preferences, but nothing caught my eye so far.

Edited by Henry Townshend
add info

• Carlosan changed the title to preview image hotkey
  • Reputable Contributor
On 3/2/2024 at 8:53 PM, Henry Townshend said:

This is the most workflow breaking default key combo I have ever witnessed. Esp for people who use a ton of hotkeys, Zbrush style, like Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Whatever Key in combination, and working fast, it is almost inevitable to hit these.

I wouldn't mind, if the program wouldn't crash guaranteed every single time I accidentally hit it, and often causing me to lose progress, even tho I already save frequently, incrementally, which is Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S for me.

I looked into the Help menu and couldn't find what you described @AbnRanger. Could you maybe hint me to how to disable this function in 2024+ ? I browsed the Preferences, but nothing caught my eye so far.

It looks like Andrew removed it from the HELP menu. Why? I don't know. It stopped working for me for the past few years and I reported it to Andrew. Perhaps they thought it wasn't worth fixing and continuing when Windows now has a built-in screen capture tool?

• Advanced Member

Thx for having a look and the info. Jeah, seems most reasonable to remove it to not interfere with certain shortcut combos. But of course that would be sad for people using it already and being used to it.

I cross fingers it either gets removed or deactivateable again.

• Advanced Member

Thx much! I just now realized what it does, as I never clicked "Ok" before: It sends a pic to a non-existing-anymore 404 website :D So I guess it'd be save to remove.

Couple of times I lost progress again in the meantime due to it causing crashing.