3DCoat Forums

GPU not working at all

lor68

Hi all, I bought 3dcoat some months ago, but only now I am starting using it for real.

I would need some help to improve the performance of 3DC because I checked and the gpu is not working at all (using GPU-Z software to see it).

my system is the following

asus N7 17"

3d coat 4.5.19 dx 64 CUDA and not

Intel i7-3630QM @2.40 GHz
RAM 16 GB

W.10 64bit

GPU NVIDIAGeForce GT 740M

My software gets stuck trying to make a Vox Layer of a section of a model about 750.000 triangles

is it normal?

Thanks

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, lor68 said:

Thanks AbnRanger,

I tried with the head from the splash screen. Actually it works!!

Gpu runs at 25-38% when smoothing.

So Why it does not when I am workng with my model? Should I set something?

Not sure. Mesh could be corrupted, have holes or pockets, etc. Try to drag and drop the layer into the Models pallet...you may first want to create a category or project folder to place it in, rather than in the default folder, to do that click on the list menu toggle in the upper right portion of the panel. Once you drag and drop the layer into the models pallet, it is going to ask you how much you want to decimate it, in the process. Once done, create a new blank layer (surface mode might be best to start out with) > select layer > click the thumbnail of the model (in the models pallet) > ENTER key. This should give you a fresh copy of the object. Now you can try VoxLayer on it.

By the way, 3D Coat is mostly CPU multi-threaded. CUDA is only involved in Voxel brushes. So, if you don't see your GPU involved in VoxLayer, that's because it's not supposed to.