3DCoat Forums

Can't move UV's in the preview UV's window

RobN

I am working on UV mapping my object that I have retopoed from voxels objects. After unwrapping each of the islands, I was thinking of manually packing the UV islands would be the best method, as most of the islands are shaped into a curve. For awhile, I was able to move my islands into place, but just recently, I am now unable to move my UV islands. Basically, I am able to select the island and begin to drag the island, but it will only move the UV island a nudge and then deselect the island. Has anyone experienced and found a solution on how to fix it?

I am not quite sure what you mean. Where is this UV Layout selection? I do not remember having to do anything special, except for selecting the UV island. Once that is selected a transform gizmo pops-up, supposedly giving the ability to translate, rotate, and scale selected UV's. As like I said before, this was working earlier and then all of the sudden it stopped working. However I have found one solution so far, which is saving my work and restart the program. I guess it was a memory glitch, or possibly a bug?

• 7 months later...
  • Contributor

If the island moves just a nudge, then its most likely an indication that you're trying to manipulate an island of a hidden retopo group. Check the Retopo Objects window and verify if all retopo groups which islands you want to transform are displayed.

---

Just noticed that this thread has been revived from the dead. The above is the second possible solution to the problem. The other has already been mentioned.

Edited by ajz3d

• 8 months later...