3DCoat Forums

PBR material export R + G + B (+ A) texture masks instead of RGB (+ A)?

Neutronux

Is it possible to merge grey channels at export like metal, roughness, AO, ... using different R + B + G channels to avoid waste of texture space instead of just differing RGB and Alpha without using an external paint program?

For example using R for metal, B for roughness and G for AO, and Alpha for displacement?

Like this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Rendering/Materials/HowTo/Masking/

• 1 month later...

Yes, this is 100% possible.

EdgHOjm.jpg

This is how i've packed one particular map, the MRSA map, so Red channel = Metalness , Green channel = Roughness (Green channel has the most data so it's recommended to use this for your Roughness map) i've assigned my Blue Channel to Specular Intensity but i'm honestly not sure if 3d Coat is giving me the data i want there. Finally i assigned my Ambient Occlusion into the Alpha Channel.

Edited by Alex Z
  • Like 1

Click : Add Texture, then just assign the maps you wish into the RGBA slots using the Drop down arrow beside the slot.

Edited by Alex Z