3DCoat Forums

3D Coat -> Octane

tcoursey

Trying to evaluate the 3DC situation as it relates to Octane Render Engine and it's workflow.  Can't use the DEMO for this process as there are no exports allowed, even with watermarks etc. Pretty limiting for evaluating workflow situations like this.

I see a video where 3DC was exported to Poser and used Octane but the work arounds even in 4.7 don't look like what they should in Octane.  Could have been that user, no way to test myself.

Anyone else using 3DC Painting to then be used in Octane Render successfully and accurately?

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

To ask for trial time extension, please send related question to Andrew Shpagin at

support@3dcoat.com

Ty

Well it's not so much trial time, I just got it the other day.  It's more the abilities or lack there of (the limitations)  There are no exports which I understand why...but without them you have nothing to check workflows etc with.  The capabilities of 3DC by itself seem very good and solid.  But for it to seamlessly interchange with another app is not able to be tested with a trial in it's current state.  

So I'm left with my question to other users if 3DC can interchange without work arounds with Octane in 4.7.

16 hours ago, Carlosan said:

You can test the latest release downloading it here

ok, maybe it's just me, am I doing something wrong...or are you not hearing me, that I'm on the DEMO.  I downloaded the BETA above....of course I don't have a license so it goes to DEMO mode.

The only option I get when I export a model is a YELLOW Export Object and Textures.  There is no further dialog that gives me PRESETS for Octane or any other TEXTURE export.

I've seen this dialog in many Videos I've tried to gather information from.  Hopefully I'm doing something wrong....surly you didn't over look the fact that I'm on the demo and THAT SPECIFIC feature id DISABLED.   (That is what this entire thread is about...the limiting factors of the demo for testing workflows)

Hopefully it's just me not knowing what I'm doing :)

It looks like the Octane export does not work as expected...but the Arnold has the correct maps for Octane to render same results inside Octane as seen in 3DC PBR engine.  Getting happier....

I would suggest the Octane export be revised to be...

Diffuse from Diffuse
Specular from Specular Color (no GGX)
Roughness from Roughness
Normal from Tangent Space Normalmap

From my initial testing....

Edited by tcoursey