3DCoat Forums

How to rotate multiple objects by given angle

Miki

Hello, I just found the 3D Coat and I'm very excited about its painting/baking capabilities, but I'm still struggling a lot with some very basic tasks like manipulating imported objects.

I have created a house in Blender and imported it to 3D Coat (it contains multiple objects, walls, floor, doors, etc). Now I need to select all objects and rotate them, lets say 90deg around Y axis.

In Blender I can just select all and type R Y 90 ENTER and I'm done. How can I do something like this in 3D Coat? I have found there is some Select/Transform tool in Tweak Room, but i can't use it precisely, so...

1) How can I select multiple objects for transform tool?

2) How can I rotate the selected objects by given exact angle (eg. 45deg, 90deg, etc)?

PS: I know I could have exported the objects already rotated from Blender, but I want to learn how to use 3D Coat properly and there might be other reasons to rotate objects precisely :-)

Thank you in advance

When I click on Rotate in Tweak Room and trying to type any value, the numbers just change the camera view (like from front, side, top, etc), but doesn't influence the rotation angle of the selected object. Only thing I can do is to drag the rotation "thingy" by mouse and drag it manually, but that's useless, because I have no control on the exact rotation angle and it even doesn't display any value :(  The same problems appears with the Move tool, again I can't move the object exactly (like 1.0m in X axis).

• 1 year later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] How to rotate multiple objects by given angle
  • 1 year later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to How to rotate multiple objects by given angle

Hi. 

You are right. Currently there is no solution. Sorry.

But let me add this information about future developments

On 11/8/2019 at 7:06 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Just for clarification where we go:

The tweak room will be removed. Instead, all paint and retopo objects will be editable in sculpt room. There will be branches "Paint objects" and "Retopo objects" in VoxTree.

3 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi. 

You are right. Currently there is no solution. Sorry.

But let me add this information about future developments

thanks for the info Carlosan.

Wow, that info about new workspace organisation is going to get me lost all over again...

--shift studio.