3DCoat Forums

Wacom Mobile Studio pro Unusable in 3D coat.. lag

• Advanced Member

I'm at Emerald City Comic Con demonstrating WACOM Tablets in the WACOM booth. I want to show 3D coat and I have loaded the latest beta build of 3D coat on the Mobile Studio Pro 16 tablet but the software is unusable do to extreme dropped frames when the pen is used. Every tech here has tried to solve the problem by eliminating both WACOM drivers and Windows pen drivers. The system is stable for multitouch navigation but slows to a crawl as soon as the pen is introduced to the screen. Any idea what may be going on or how to fix?

Thanks,

Isaiah

Edited by Routb3d

maybe similar problem here :

Im working on a laptop with wacom digitizer screen and intel graphics hd 3000, quite old, no cuda, so I use 3dcoat Directx

when the pen, and the brush, is on ther geometry (about 600.000 polys) it really goes slow, very slow, quite unusable...the strange thing is that the same geometry in Blender sculpt has no problem, it's fluid and fast, and we are talking about the same poly count.... is there some setting that I miss? Is it possible that on older hardware blender sculpt more fluidly  that 3dcoat?

thanks in advance for any suggestion

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:37 AM, Routb3d said:

but slows to a crawl as soon as the pen is introduced to the screen.

I have built separate Wacom tablet test. Please download and try this test:
http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/Tests/3D-Coat-Pressure-Test.zip
This is the engine of "3D-Coat" tablet input. It will show does the pen send pressure information to the application and you can see how application behaves during Wacom input. That zip file besides executables also contains two screenshots which show how it should look like. Please look at FPS. Please try both executables (DX - DirectX, and GL - OpenGL). Do you see similar problems?
Please contact me directly "support DOT linux AT 3dcoat DOT com".

• Like 1

these are my results in directX, in opengl there are about 100 point less. My laptop is a fujitsu lifebook t901, I5, 8 gb ram, intel hd 3000, wacom digitizer display.

The real slow down happens when the cursor moves on the geometry and then when you sculpt, when the cursor is on the background it's fast as it should be, while in Blender is always fast.

Hope  it helps.

2017-03-07_095045.jpg

2017-03-07_095053.jpg

2017-03-07_095124.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I have a Surface Book i7 with 16GB of RAM and it's also the performance base version.  I notice lots of lag during sculpting with the Surface Pen.  I've also downloaded that zip file with the 3D Coat Pressure Test.  It seems like the GL version has a slightly higher FPS than the DX version on my Surface Book.  Is there an actual fix available or are we stuck with the extreme lag for those like me who are using a tablet with pen input?