3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Surface Book setup

arumiat

• Advanced Member

Hi team, 

Does anyone have any tips for getting their Microsoft Surface Book stylus working with 3Dcoat? At the moment I'm unable to change brush radius or navigate aside from rotating around the mesh. Hovering over the mesh also doesn't show me the normal radius and pressure tool. 

I've seen from the forums that some peeps here have been using it with decent results.

Thanks in advance,
T

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...

OK I just signed up for a forum account here because I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF MEEEEE figure out how to use my surfacebook with pen pressure. 4.5 works, but 4.7 does NOT, but it has everything else I need (touch controls for screen, etc). Anyone have an issue? OP, did you figure this out? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.3.2017 at 2:09 AM, grahamquest said:

OK I just signed up for a forum account here because I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF MEEEEE figure out how to use my surfacebook with pen pressure. 4.5 works, but 4.7 does NOT, but it has everything else I need (touch controls for screen, etc). Anyone have an issue? OP, did you figure this out? 

hmmm, this is strange.... I am on a surface book i5 with dgpu and 3DC 4.7 trail.. I can rotate and zoom just fine - but the pressure is not applied, no matter what brush or

stroke settings I try... Do I need to buy another pen (Wacom?) to have it working?

23 hours ago, Karsten said:

... surface book ... the pressure is not applied

Please install optional WinTab driver for "Surface Book" (files "Wintab_x32_1.0.0.20.zip" or "Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip"):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49497
Also we have separate Pen pressure test which is the engine of "3D-Coat" tablet input. It shows does the pen send pressure information to the application:
http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/Tests/3D-Coat-Pressure-Test.zip

• Like 1

• 5 months later...