3DCoat Forums

kenmo

• Advanced Member

Here's a starship model I created. The base mesh was created in Groboto3D. Additional parts I modeled in Wings3D and Hexagon. All the pieces were assembled using Hexagon3D. I tried using 3DCoat and later Silo3D. But I find Hexagon3D is so much more precise for assembling parts on a model due to the fact I can manual enter in the x,y, z positions and rotation with numerical values via the keyboard. I think the same thing can be done in Silo3D.

I initially created this model a couple of years ago. But the base mesh close to 800,000 polys. I tried to retopo but gave up (too much work and not a very frustrating experience). I then tried decimating the model in 3DC's sculpt room. But it messed up the topology and the edge flow. So I then brought into Hexagon and manually reduced the polygons. For me, it seemed to work better and was so much more faster then retoping... It's now about 360,000 polys.

I now need to uv map and texture.

gunship01.jpg

gunship02.jpg

gunship03.jpg

gunship04.jpg

gunship05.jpg

Edited by kenmo
spelling
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Just playing around in 3DC's paint room... Not too pleased with my color choice.

GunShip00=KRM02.jpg

GunShip02=KRM02.jpg

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

I got a little bored of 3D work and decided to take the 3DC base render into Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 and Corel Painter 2017 with the intent of creating a comic book illustrative look.

FW76=Gunship 2017=KRM02.jpg

• Like 5

• Advanced Member

A base render from 3DC with some minor color correction via Photoshop CC 2017 and Topaz Adjust 5 plugin for PS... I raised the front wing as I thought the prior version looked like the ship had a boomerang or fat tongue in it's mouth...

p2262510242-5[1].jpg

Edited by kenmo

• Advanced Member

Top view of the Pain Merchant.  I added some WWII era British airplane markings "roundels".

p2262539117-5[1].jpg

• Advanced Member

Some playtime in Photoshop CC 2017 and plugin FilterForge ver 6 "blueprint" preset....DAMN... typo should read PAIN MERCHANT and not PAINT MERCHANT... It's what I get for doing something after midnight while watching a hockey game on the TV...

Pain Merchant-Blue Print=KRM02.jpg

Edited by kenmo
Correction...
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Modeled in Groboto3D & Hexagon3D. Texturing in 3DC...

robot2.gif

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

A steam locomotive created from a blueprint in my mind using Groboto3D. Further details will be added using a 30 day trial of MOI3D and perhaps Silo3D... UV mapping and texturing will be done in 3DC...

Loc-in-Hexagon3D=KRM02.jpg

Loc-in-Rocket3F=KRM02.jpg

Locomotive01=KRM02.jpg

Locomotive02=KRM02.jpg

Locomotive03=KRM02.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks for the comment...

I'm not very well versed in retoping. I find it the most difficult thing to do in 3DC... :-(

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Crash in the Desert

3DCoat, Photoshop CC 2017, ArtRage 5.0

p2553720339-5.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Another view of my SpaceRod. Rendered in 3DCoat with 3DC renderer.

KRMSpaceRod001.png

KRMSpaceRod002.png

KRMSpaceRod003.png

KRMSpaceRod004.png

KRMSpaceRod005.png

KRMSpaceRod006.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Still busy in Lightroom CC 2018 & Photoshop CC 2018 processing my RAW photos I took over the summer...

But here is a another Photoshop CC 2018 & Topaz Studio Impression of one of my 3D renders of this flying car...

p2563418525-4[1].jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Comic Book version of Space Rod 77 Comic Book version of my future flying hot rod racer vehicle. Modeled in Groboto3D & 3DCoat. Compositing done in Photoshop CC 2017 & Topaz Impression 2.0. Rendered in Poser Pro 11.1 with post work in Photosop CC 2018, Filter Forge 7 & Topaz Studio Impression 2.0.

p2695248050-5.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I put aside my photo editing for a bit and decided to model a spaceship. Base mesh I modeled in Hexagon and textured in 3DCoat 4.8...

Not finished texturing but here it is so far....

p2727458598-5[1].jpg

p2727458595-5[1].jpg

p2727458596-5[1].jpg

p2727458597-5[1].jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

A futuristic sky car... I roughed together some primitives in Groboto3D and exported them as an OBJ to 3DC where I did some sculpting & painting....

Skycar

Grobo01=KRM02.jpg

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

For the most part I do not retopo my models (unless I am going to use them in a Vue or DAZ3D/Poser render). I much prefer to do a base render in 3DC then use Painter/ArtRage or Photoshop to give the render a NPR look. Perhaps in the future 3DCoat may have a NPR render option?

Another one of my futuristic skycars/spacerods influenced by Heavy Metal magazine and the art of Moebius (aka Jean Giraud).

This skycar is my idea of a future sportscar or hot rod. The vehicle starting to show it's wear and usage. Part of the propulsion system is sticking out of the front hood and reminds the viewer of hot rods of the past, that had superchargers and blowers poking out of their engine bonnets.

p2751386175-5.jpg

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 2

• Advanced Member

Here is a Vue render where I used DAZ3D characters and the same process as above to give the Vue render a NPR look.

Influenced by the art and story telling of legendary cartoonist Will Eisner.

Growing up in the 1950s & 60s, the three things that mattered most to me was comic books, NHL hockey and hot rods/custom cars...

http://kenmo.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2660953796-5.jpg[/img]

• Advanced Member
Just now, kenmo said:

Here is a Vue render where I used DAZ3D characters and the same process as above to give the Vue render a NPR look.

Influenced by the art and story telling of legendary cartoonist Will Eisner.

Growing up in the 1950s & 60s, the three things that mattered most to me was comic books, NHL hockey and hot rods/custom cars...

p2660953796-5.jpg

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 2

• Advanced Member

Evening Flight Over the City
The owner takes his skycar for an evening cruise over the city skyline.

Modeled in Groboto3D and 3DCoat 4.8. Also textured in 3DCoat. Rendered in Poser Pro 11 using comic book option.

Postwork done in Photoshop 2018, Topaz Studio Impression, Filter Forge 7.0 and ArtRage 5 to give it a comic book illustrative look.

http://kenmo.fineartamerica.com/
http://kenmo.zenfolio.com/

p2752942692-5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hot rod inspired by a Salt Flats land speed racer.... Modeled in Hexagon 3D & Silo3D except for the rims. I modeled those in Moi3D. Texturing and rendering in 3D Coat...

Patina - rat rod version...

p2786875017-5.jpg

p2786875011-5.jpg

p2786875006-5.jpg

• Like 1