3DCoat Forums

I think I must have attention deficit disorder. I start working on a 3D model, 3D scene or a 2D painting and I take it so far. Then a new idea pops into my head that I have to immediately start on, abandoning the project. And most times completely forgetting. I think with all the 3D & 2D graphic apps, 7 DSLR cameras and a real life 1960 Corvette, I simply have too many hobbies and distractions. And now that I'm retired too much time on my hands.

Here's a couple of car bodies I started to work on recently. But abandoned. I hope to revisit them soon.

As you can tell, I am obsessed with hot rods and cars of the 1930s to the 1970s. I have a large collection of car & hot rod books/magazines, die cast cars & quite a few unopened plastic car model kits. 

Nuclear01.JPG

Nuclear02.JPG

Nuclear03.JPG

HotRodSedan01.JPG

HotRodSedan02.JPG

• Like 1

Another model I've been working on & off for a couple of weeks. Needs to be finished but I flip flop between models in 3DC and my photo editing in Lightroom & Photoshop.

It's supposed to be a steam plant  mechanical room of some sort. Idea came from within my mind.... Still working in voxels  in the scuplt room...

SteamPlant01=KRM.jpg

SteamPlant02=KRM.jpg

SteamPlant03=KRM.jpg

• Like 1

I added a touch of Photoshop chicanery trying to give it a bit more of an old illustrative look....

I do like photo realistic renders/ However I also enjoy the hand drawn illustrative look as well as the paintery feel.

Would be cool if 3DC could do NPR type renders like Vue, Poser Pro 11.3 or Blender can. Vue NPR lack options and I find Poser Pro 11.3 a big pain in the butt and prefer DAZ Studio over Poser.

PS-Filters.jpg

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 1

Christmas Eve Night in Peggy's Cove

A snowman and Christmas tree near the Lighthouse are ready for Christmas morning in Peggys' Cove, Nova Scotia.

A digital illustration I created for Christmas 2020 using Blender 2.92 (model the lighthouse), 3D Coat 4.9 (texture lighthouse), snowman, Christmas tree, fishing boat & houses are 3D props. Rendered in Vue Creator 1.5 with postwork using Photoshop 2021 CC & Topaz Studio 2.

Vue033-Christmas Eve Night Peggys Cove {2019}=KRM02.jpg

• Like 2

Merry Christmas and all the Best in 2021

Stay safe everyone...

Another Vue render I did for Christmas 2020.

Vue034 Christmas Eve Visitors at the Old Church {2020}=KRM02.jpg

• Like 2

Created in 3DC and rendered in 3DC.

Tower01.jpg

Tower02.jpg

• Like 1

Most of my digital illustrations use 3D models as a base which are sometimes rendered in Vue or brought into either Photoshop 2021, Corel Painter or ArtRage and painted over to create a natural media look. Sometimes I will use all three.  In the above I took the base render from 3DCoat and brought into Photoshop to give it a pencil sketch look using Topaz Studio 2 plugin. Cheers & take care... Kenmo

Tower01-sketch.jpg

• Like 1

The Fearful Child

I created this image this image 100% digitally on my computer.

The Fearful Child - Dedicated to all those children who live their lives in constant fear neglected by society and for the most part must forge for themselves. Victims not of of their own doing, who's future is uncertain and perhaps even bleak.
Society is blind, they dwell among us.

Apps and hardware used :  Photoshop CC 2021, ArtRage 6 (a fantastic digital painting app) , Wacom stylus & tablet  and my homebuilt Windows 10 computer I assembled last year.

Artbreeder 06 The Fearful Child {2021}=KRM02.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks very much. I've not heard of these apps before other than Clip Studio Paint which I own as it came free with my Wacom tablet.  Will check them out. 

Cheers & again many thanks....

Edited by kenmo

APE WITH THE GOLD HELMET

Frank Frazetta is one of my most favorite artists of all time. When I was a young lad of 19 I worked part time at the Sears warehouse on Mumford Road while attend Saint Mary's University. Now that I was earning my own money I could finally purchase my parents a real Christmas present with my hard earned pennies.

For Christmas I purchased them a print copy of Rembrandt's "Man With the Golden Helmet" from the Sears catalogue. Having an employee discount was also incentive. I've always loved this painting.

I often wondered whant the painting would have looked like if Frazetta painted it. Well here is my feeble attempt.

I'm certain Mr Frazetta would have done a much better job.

I created this all 100% digitally using Daz Studio 4.9 (3D Delight), Genesis 1 Gorilla, Photoshop CC 2021 & ArtRage 6.

Ape with Gold Helmet FINAL {2021}=KRM02.jpg

• Like 1