3D Coat Forums
Zombie

RenderMan render

I don't even know what that means. There is already an export preset for Renderman. And if this is a plugin for Renderman, while that is certainly nice, I was hoping any such plugin would be GPU based. I mean AMD's Pro Render is Open Source and available for any 3D Content Creation app to use, free of royalties. Best part about it is that it uses OpenCL, so it will render on either an AMD or NVidia card. Cycles, too is another option, so I'm surprised that a CPU-based render might be the first.

I make it possible to connect different renderers. RenderMen will be first, because this is the only rendering that supports PBR on 100% (RenderMan is easier to integrate).
I'm in talks with AMD regarding RadeonPro Render. Unfortunately, we still have not got the SDK because of bureaucratic(juristical) reasons ..

• Like 2

Hi Carrots.

- Is Keyshot in your renderers list ?

- Do you plan to improve with new development the Render Room inside 3DCoat ?

I'm very happy with the choice of Renderman, it's one of the best and most versatile renders in VFX industry, Renderman RIS 21 is a new render engine, IPR is very fast, and the PxrSurface shader is great for any material.

Edited by pauloduarte
  • Like 1

You need to download and install Renderman. 3DC will recognise it after that and it works like a plugin.

It certainly works in version 7.32 but...but...how does one access all the Renderman tools and controls from within the 3D Coat Render Room?

This is how the basic tool menu appears in Maya;

k3njIDEl.jpg

Any of you guys that worked on this plug in know how to access all of Renderman's power from within 3D Coat? Is there a tutorial in the works perhaps?

And by the way, thanks  a lot to Andrew and all who were involved with this development. Much appreciated. 

:D:wub:

Edited by L'Ancien Regime

3 hours ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

It certainly works in version 7.32 but...but...how does one access all the Renderman tools and controls from within the 3D Coat Render Room?

This is how the basic tool menu appears in Maya;

k3njIDEl.jpg

Any of you guys that worked on this plug in know how to access all of Renderman's power from within 3D Coat? Is there a tutorial in the works perhaps?

And by the way, thanks  a lot to Andrew and all who were involved with this development. Much appreciated. 

:D:wub:

It doesn't have the full range of features, and is a WIP. However, Andrew made it available as it can be used somewhat effectively in it's current state. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

It doesn't have the full range of features, and is a WIP. However, Andrew made it available as it can be used somewhat effectively in it's current state. 

Thanks...I hope the people working on this open up it's full potential. It would be nice to be able to take a polygon plane and turn it into a big soft box emitter for example...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

(...) to be able to take a polygon plane and turn it into a big soft box emitter for example...

I think someone mentioned that painting emission on an object will effectively turn it into geometry light. It's worth a try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajz3d said:

I think someone mentioned that painting emission on an object will effectively turn it into geometry light. It's worth a try.

Very cool. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

Very cool. Thanks.

You can use the LightIntensity parameter in the Polymer shader to create the light source from the object.

GMMMMMM.png

• Like 1

I have a problem with Renderman.

1. I import a model into "Paint UV Mapped mesh (per-Pixel)" room.
2. I paint the model with a smart material.
3. I go to Render room and choose Renderman as a render engine .
4. I click Render Preview or FinalRender. The renderer begins to render and when it reaches the painted model 3D-Coat crashes - every time.

Could someone explain me why 3D-Coat crashes?

(When I do the same, but import the same model into "Vertex Painting", everythong is okey, i.e. Renderman renders without a problem).

4 minutes ago, Fierys said:

I have a problem with Renderman.

1. I import a model into "Paint UV Mapped mesh (per-Pixel)" room.
2. I paint the model with a smart material.
3. I go to Render room and choose Renderman as a render engine .
4. I click Render Preview or FinalRender. The renderer begins to render and when it reaches the painted model 3D-Coat crashes - every time.

Could someone explain me why 3D-Coat crashes?

(When I do the same, but import the same model into "Vertex Painting", everythong is okey, i.e. Renderman renders without a problem).

I get errors with Paint Meshes, too. Tried to render a character with good UV's and textures, in the Paint room, and only some secondary objects rendered. I had partial renders on another low-poly Paint mesh in another scene, with a simple logo (3-4 parts and only one rendered). Must hate rendering multiple meshes and multiple UV maps.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:44 AM, carrots said:

You can use the LightIntensity parameter in the Polymer shader to create the light source from the object.

GMMMMMM.png

Wait, did I miss something, or is it a new secret super shader ? :ph34r:

Check the shaders inside Paint Folder. ;)

Hi

Please contact directly support.linux@3dcoat.com

• Like 1