3DCoat Forums
TallBhoy

[Solved] Created texture gone missing

Hi I'm having a bit of a problem with 3D Coat. I created a texture for a model I had made and was saving incrementally as I usually do. Anyway I finished it, saved the file and left it until I needed to export it. I have just went back to it and the texture I created is completely gone and the whole object is grey... So I figured I'd just go to my previous save. It's texture is gone too and so are all other previous saves. I checked an unrelated file and it's textures are still there. Did I do something wrong? When I look at the thumbnail for the file the texture can still be seen. Here are pics of the file and also of the thumbnails. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

missingtexture.PNG

sigh.PNG

It is possible that you painted on Layer "0" I see the layer is highlighted but you could have just selected it but not painted on that layer.

Layer "0" is reserved for 3DC's use only...  If you paint on Layer "0", save the file and reopen your textures will be gone.

Layer "0" is not locked...

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, digman said:

It is possible that you painted on Layer "0" I see the layer is highlighted but you could have just selected it but not painted on that layer.

Layer "0" is reserved for 3DC's use only...  If you paint on Layer "0", save the file and reopen your textures will be gone.

Layer "0" is not locked...

God damnit I never knew this. At least I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for letting me know.