3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Every undo action requires 2 keypresses

Gevarre

So every time I want to undo something, I have to press Ctrl-Z twice. Has anyone else seen this? It's very annoying and was wondering if there was a fix for it.

For instance: I use the transform tool to move something and want to move it back. I press Ctrl-Z once and nothing happens. If I press it again, it undoes the move. If I want to go back an additional step, I have to press two more times. This is pretty consistent and happens on pretty much all operations on all tools. And no, it's not just a question of not waiting long enough. I've tested pretty extensively. It's like the program is adding some additional step in between each one in the list.

Any ideas?

If it helps, I downloaded the demo last week, then upgraded to the amateur edition and just entered the key without any reinstall. Now when I open the program, at first it says 4.7.24(DX64)(Demo), then switches to 4.7.24(DX64)(Educational).

I'll try reinstalling the latest and see if that makes any difference.

Okay, so I uninstalled the program, downloaded it from the link provided in my registration email (as opposed to the original public demo page) and reinstalled. Same thing.

I don't know if it was a clean install though because it didn't ask for my registration number again, it just started up.

Next I uninstalled again and then installed the 3d-Coat-V4_7-26A-64 beta. Still the same thing.

Interesting thing is that no matter what version I install, when I start the program, the name in the title bar always starts out saying (Beta) as it's launching, then at some point switches over to (Educational). This includes the beta version. Is it supposed to do that?

Other interesting thing for further bug testing: If I do an action and then hit undo twice, the action is undone as expected. If I then immediately hit undo a third time before I've done anything else, then do a new action, and hit undo ONCE, the action is undone. (hope you can follow that) So it definitely seems to be caching whatever that mysterious non-undo is somewhere, and even after you do the new action, it's still remembering that that additional undo has already been done.

Please perform these steps:
start 3D-Coat > Voxel Sculpting > select model "small sphere" > select tool "Transform" > drag along X axis > control+Z moves the sphere back > control+Z removes the sphere > control+Y shows the sphere > control+Y moves the sphere > control+Z moves the sphere back again > control+Z removes the sphere
Please perform these steps. Is the behaviour the same as on my machine?
Also please try to remove (or backup if you have created some scenes already) folder "This PC > Documents > 3D-CoatV47".

Spoke too soon. Two hours into a retopo and suddenly the problem is back. This time deleting that folder did nothing. Weird thing is, starting a new project and testing it like you suggested above works, but when I open up the file I was working on, the problem is still there.

• 1 year later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Every undo action requires 2 keypresses
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Every undo action requires 2 keypresses

I have tested it again and it works fine. Dont know why it occurs. No specific tool, just sculpt room behavior. If I use mouse and undo it works fine, but i need to press twice. If I change room to paint undo works as it should.

Edited by Varlam

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Every undo action requires 2 keypresses