3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3D mouse problems

Eskassa

So using a 3D Connexion Spacemouse, something very very strange happens.

The camera revolves around some mysterious point in space far ahead of me, rather than my actual position as its kind of meant to.

I've gone through the settings of both it and 3DCoat but I have no idea how to fix this.

I've included a video of expected behavior vs 3DCoat's behavior as an example.

Please help. I'm starting out with your software, but this quite literally makes sculpting close to impossible.

Man, fighting the camera when I sculpt is really driving me crazy...

The object I'm trying to sculpt is in the foreground and it just insists on panning around some vague nebulous mystery place in the distance I have zero interest in.

The sculpt tools are so good too...

Oooh! I see, I see! Thank-you very much!! Custom point is still slightly off (its not rotating around camera terminal position but some point in the foreground) but its MUCH more manageable. I don't want to rotate around a position infront of me, but the actual zero of the viewport screenspace so I can step through worldspace in first person.

The reason being is as I pan in and out of an object, the rotation behavior changes which forces me to reorient myself mentally or jink to compensate which is an extra step mentally. If I'm constantly thinking consistently in three dimensions without the depth of the object "feeling like it changes the rotation behavior" because the rotation behavior is for the viewport, not some point infront of the viewport, things would be MUCH easier -- I say this coming from a Modo/Substance workflow.

SpZeI6T.png

I literally cannot make heads nor tails of any of this. Its very cool but I can't find the 3D mouse action type on this list. Is it inherited by the RMB navigational options? I'm not really sure where the object depth relative to viewport is.