3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Adjusting curves causes the UI to scale, bug ?

Cyrdion

I decided to trial 3D coat to see how its been doing. I ran into a problem with editing curves. When I adjust a curve dot in any way, the UI will flicker and scale inward. Basically shrinking in on itself with each movement of the curve dot. Is this a known issue? I searched but didnt find anything on it.

Using windows 10 if it matters.

• Reputable Contributor

I opened an older file the other day and when selecting a given retopo layer, the UI seemed to go haywire. It was just something with that mesh/layer. So, I closed > re-opened the app and deleted the problem mesh. Everything worked as normal, thereafter. Once in a blue moon, things like that can happen, so I just try to close the app > test it on a preset file/object from the splash screen. That will tell you if it's the app or something corrupted within a given file. Try that on a sample scene and see if you still have the same problem.

If so, I would close the app > update your graphic card drivers (they cause more issues than you might realize) and perhaps your wacom tablet drivers, too.

• Reputable Contributor

It wouldn't hurt to delete the Options.xml file in your "MyDocs/3D Coat 4.7" directory, and launch the app again. Once in a while that file may get corrupted and exhibit bug-like behavior. So, that is a step I will try if I notice something strange in the app. However, it seems that the majority of UI glitches you might experience is the result of graphic card driver issues. You can try to update your drivers or use the other version (DX or OpenGL). I've noticed quirky behavior in GL before, that didn't happen in DX. So, that's an option. In your 3D Coat PROGRAM directory, there are different versions to choose from.

• Reputable Contributor
30 minutes ago, Cyrdion said:

Actually just realized it was my Pen tablet (huion).. just got this thing and its pen is like triple clicking on its own causing some problems in other programs too. Thanks for the help though, works fine now.

Glad you found the source of the problem. I know the frustration. One time, I kept getting issues where the app just would not open. I thought "My Anti-Virus has never been a problem before. No way that can be the problem." Sure enough, it was. Avast somehow decided to hinder my opening the app, all on it's own. So, I had to go into it's settings and add 3D Coat to its EXCEPTION list.