3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Vox Layer is giving me this

MechChicken

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, MechChicken said:

I did, it will give me the plates of those extra selections. For some reason the selection goes through the mesh, I think it can be turned off somewhere?

This could be a possible bug... Confirm here too...

Use the regular control points lasso spline, no problems with that one when using the vox layer tool.

• Contributor

Me too.

I'm not sure what to say as I just tested it a minute ago and it works just fine.

Create a cube, switch to Vox Layer, choose 3D Closed Spline from the E-panel, make a selection, press Enter, then apply (from the Vox Layer's tool menu). Works perfectly in voxel and surface modes.

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, ajz3d said:

Me too.

I'm not sure what to say as I just tested it a minute ago and it works just fine.

Create a cube, switch to Vox Layer, choose 3D Closed Spline from the E-panel, make a selection, press Enter, then apply (from the Vox Layer's tool menu). Works perfectly in voxel and surface modes.

Carlosan is using the regular closed spline and not the 3D spline in his picture... Regular Closed spline works fine but not the 3D spline.

My picture shows the 3D spline with the problem as MechChicken described. Deselecting or selecting "ignore back faces" makes no difference.

3D spline.PNG

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

Here is something I found... If I undo a few times till the control points are gone then use the tool the problem goes away....

EDIT: Strange bug... Now when I open 3DC and use the tool the problem now is gone... 

I will watch for it returning and post back here.

EdIt 2 I got the bug to reappear. I kept changing the areas where I applied the spline and then the bug reappeared.

more.JPG

Edited by digman

• 8 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Vox Layer is giving me this