3DCoat Forums

Can I if I wish to?

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

As a total novice that just watched a few video's on Youtube to try make some choice's

Can I import a model to detail using Voxel sculpting and bake that updated detail down onto the surface model I did not touch?

eg; use the imported surface model as the low poly with it's current UV's

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Import the original low-poly mesh into the Retop room. Then go to the Sculpt room, and using the IMPORT tool, import the same mesh there.

When you make any large scale changes to the sculpt mesh, then enable CONFORM RETOPO MESH in the toolbar.

• Like 1

Kia ora

Thanks for the replies and the video's

I'm having a wee go with a Daz 3D char just the body and hair with a little jewelry (maybe should leave that stuff out it not being touched at all), I'm being told it's to big for the reotopo room, I want to fix the hair clipping through the ears and make the ears more like Shannara Elf ears, I just don't get WOW wing flaps as ears, for on cartoons but lack a bit of realism for realistic chars.

There a lot of video's go go through, need to find the best one for stamping, because I don't draw/sculpt well I tend to use displacement maps as stamps, want a navel there on the belly set the greyscale image over where you want it, scale to the correct size and bam, opps to deep adjust the tool strength and fall off (not sure the clone tool is setup for this task). I can do this with the draw tool might be to use to doing this like mud box does) but the trick is for larger areas, a full chest or a stomach area, dare I say it a breast, drawing can leave the impression uneven because it's not one click its a drawn movement over the area and if a part get drawn over twice it's going to look deeper that the rest. Yes I know I should go make a rat lol, sorry I;m just one of those adult learners that just want to get on with what I'm doing