3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Unwrap not matching preview

Quick question that I hope can be answered easily. After I've marked my seams my islands don't match the preview i'm getting when I mouse over them. I'd really like to unwrap my islands so they look like my previews. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I'm misunderstanding? I've attached a marked up screenshot of what i'm referring to.

Cheers!

3DCoat_PreviewVsUnwrap.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tony Nemo said:

I don't see the seam visible in the Preview. Split the head with a seam in the back or use the seam you had in the preview.

The seams are there but might be difficult to see. I've reposted the image and circled the seams. 

3DCoat_PreviewVsUnwrap_002.jpg

4 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

In the UV room you need to click the APPLY UV button before the work you've done in the UV room gets committed. It's basically a confirmation that you indeed want to apply the changes you make.

I've clicked Unwrap and I've clicked Apply UV-set and neither makes any change to the UV Preview appearance. I've attached the file so you can see what I'm talking about.

I appreciate all your help.

face_unwrap_Upload.3b

• Contributor

You have non-manifold geometry here:

screenshot_17-05-08_23_10_55.jpg

You might want to fix it, reimport the model for unwrapping and see if it helps.

It it doesn't, select the island and use the To GU tool. I just tried it and it unwraps this island correctly (even with this dirty area present).

Looks like unwrapping with UV Room's Unwrap works in a little bit different way than a direct unwrap of selected islands with Global Uniform algorithm, even though Unwrap uses Global Uniform by default. Strange.