3DCoat Forums

Analytics and a little too much data collection.

First, I just wanted to openly take a minute and thank Andrew and team.

As many know, 3D-Coat is truly a gem that doesn't always get the credit it deserves.

Plus, the YouTube channel has completely redefined how I evaluate a company's documentation.

Moreover, I really want to say, I've never regretted the money I've spent on 3D-Coat.

Not just because, it has an amazing price and feature set, but, because I've never felt concerned about the sort of "Overreaching Corporate Mentality" that often leads companies to questionable choices.

Context: I was trying Modo 11 (I had stayed with 701 for a long time), and I discovered the "Modo Analytics Folder" and function plus some vague terms in the EULA and Privacy agreement.

While I can certainly, respect a company's need to protect its intellectual property and improve user experience, there appears to be a little more going on than mere license protection.

Or at least the vague EULA and Privacy terms allow for more than that.

I fear that data collection on users has just gotten out of hand, given it's probably a losing/lost battle, because of the "Cell-Phone, Facebook, Instagram, NSA etc. conditioning" that accepts and promotes all invasions of privacy.

I think there can be a very open and equitable balance between the proper use of analytics and user privacy but, a lot of companies just don't seem interested in finding it.

My two cents anyways.

Edited by CyBorge