3DCoat Forums

Help! Move brush and Smoothing techniiques

Yonsseo

ok so I have some questions!

1 .)Why does the move brush create this weird stretching effect?

On the right side of this image I have used the move brush twice, if you notice the outside of the edge on the sphere is smooth and the inside is stretched.

2.) Is there any way to fix this from happening with the move brush itself?

3.) how to get good smoothing results? on the left side of the image I have merged a cylinder to a sphere and I have used the smooth brush to smooth the connecting crease.

I find that the smooth brush is not strong, or powerful enough to smooth sometimes.

4.) Can you recommend any techniques for both of these issues?

I'm mostly working with human anatomy sculpts and seperating or attaching limbs.

thanks!

Screenshot_105.jpg

• Contributor
8 hours ago, Yonsseo said:

ok so I have some questions!

I find that the smooth brush is not strong, or powerful enough to smooth sometimes.

Screenshot_105.jpg

Sometimes I find the smoothing is too strong and often lower it to 35%. I suppose you could boost it to 200% using the manual input instead of the slider (Opacity sometimes needs this to make a strong stroke). The joint between the cylinder and the sphere appears pretty tidy, what were you after that was not achieved?

From your image, it's hard to tell what your desired outcome should look like. It appears to be too strong a alteration for the Move tool to accomplish.