3DCoat Forums

Symmetry Question

McCabe

HI there folks, This may seem like a bit of a stupid question to some of you so I apologize for that but cant for the life of me manage to find a solution myself or online.
What I am trying to do is use the symmetry on mesh in the voxel room, but keep the symmetry locked and move with the object (like the link bellow, its done in cinema4d) resulting in movement of a given mesh that you can move and does that same on the mirrored side without moving the symmetry plane. sort of symmetry set to world instead of local.

https://ibb.co/bP698F

Hi Carlosan, Thanks for the reply. I am trying what I think you mean but cant seem to get any results. I take a mesh>switch on symmetry>clone instance with symmetry>select pose>click 'select object' on the transpose mode in the pose tool prefs>select lasso and select whole mesh. Its all red I rotate the mesh, it works as in, the symmetry doesn't move with the mesh but the mirrored instance doesn't copy the movement.
Any ideas? :wacko:

• Reputable Contributor

Here is another method you can try...

Right click on the instanced layer and make it a child of the parent layer. 

Select the parent layer then transform the parent layer and the child layer will transform with it...

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

Thanks Carloson, as I say yes its works, which is great! its just a bit slugish. I am using it for kitbashing so moving fast make the process more creative so was wondering if there was another way of doing it that would be faster but yeah as i say, its working so thats saved me so thanks.