3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Geika

First creation in 3d with 3d coat

Hello, I'm very excited to show you my first ever 3d character.

I've looked at the tutoriel on udemy to learn 3d coat. So here's the result.

I've got only one problem: impossible to put a background panorama in the render room? Is it a limitation of the student version?

render.jpg

render.jpg

Edited by Geika
  • Like 9

Cool...

Your view port is in isometric mode (I think it's called...Up top, looks like three lines that meet in the middle) click that off and the panorama should appear.

Nice job btw!

On 11/06/2017 at 10:38 PM, bvknotty said:

Your view port is in isometric mode (I think it's called...Up top, looks like three lines that meet in the middle) click that off and the panorama should appear.

Nice job btw!

wow thanks a lot, that change all. even my preview are more in proportions!
That's a super advice!

I didn't describe it quite right, but it sounds like you found the right button. Glad I could help.

With it turned on, it sort of "turns the world into a cube" instead of a sphere and you

can easily work on profiles this way. Some tools like cut-off, pose and clone will behave more predictably.

• Like 1

Nice cartoonish direction! The digital sculpture tools are a gold mine as to creation of cartoon characters. The work here is a very nice start. Wishes for further inspirations! : - )

• Like 1

Looks like we both learned from Scott Turner ^_^
Nice croc

BVKNOTTY: yeah I have to test this with the cut of tool, it's right that I've had some special results sometimes. It's maybe because of this. thanks!

BlueKaiTheEnd: Yes it's this tuto. Scott make me think of Donald, Trump when he says: fantastic, awesome, beautifull every 3 words, but it's a good tuto and I've learned some precious workflow!
Saddly we can find plenty of zbrush tuto, but not a lot about 3dcoat. So it's really precious for me.