3DCoat Forums

Analogue of ZBrush "Stroke - Frame Mesh" in 3D Coat - does it exist?

Ditta

Hello to all long-time users of Coat. I have a rather noobiesh questions about using spline mode of brushes in newer versions of 3D Coat. If you have dealt with ZBrush you know it has such an option as Stroke-Frame Mesh with IMM brushes. In 3D Coat we have now an ability to use any OBJ brush as alpha even in Paint Room, but how to paint with such alpha along an edgeloop? As an example, if I make a stitch leather Strip brush like this one in the picture - 9ef90ad428d1d72e2526af7f2ee3f8ea.jpg

and I want this Strip to follow the border of a mesh, how to do it precisely? I mean - is there any way in Coat (I use 4.0.7 version) to select an edgeloop in Paint Room (if your model is imported for per-pixel painting), to convert this loop to a spline and stroke this spline with the custom stitch brush?

The second question - is there any ability in 3D Coat 4.x for importing meshes which contain ready curves (splines), readable and usable by Coat?  The best example for clothing is meshes of clothes, made by Marvelous Designer software. This clothes-making program can generate meshes, which contain Internal Lines, imitating seam lines and these splines are readable by classic polygonal modellers like Blender. Can I import them in 3D Coat too? I tried to do it, but the lines are not imported. Maybe there is some specific import settings or it is completely impossible? If impossible, then edgeloop conversions would be the best way out.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

Thank you, Carlosan, but I meant a bit other thing - precise corresponding of curves with edgeloops of the UV-mapped low-poly mesh. I found an option called Snapping to low-poly vertices in the upper menu - does it work for Paint Room or for voxel or retopo only? I tried to snap curves to vertices in Paint Room but no success. It's easier in ZBrush but requires polypainting IMM elements later, and good polypainting requires very high-poly meshes, so ZBrush goes crashy on my system. I hoped to use fully textured brushes like leather stitches and paint quickly with diffuse and displacement at the same time along the precise contour, but manually drawn curves come out rather rough under my hand. I guess I need training. And one more question - how to keep the initial texture of the similar brushes (stitches, beads, rhinestones and other elements, clipped from photo resources) without mixing it with color (which is set in 3D Coat)? For me, mostly color is added to the brush texture and I want to keep the diffuse texture of the brush as it is. There is many new options in newer 3D Coat versions and little detailed info about it expect from Youtibe clips. Any appropriate tutorial about clothes texturing would be a great help for me.