3DCoat Forums
Calabi

[Solved] Edges Bleeding on Fill with Materials

So I have these two areas below defined as separate materials as separate textures on the object(I've even tried it as one texture).  I dont understand why one is bleeding into the other.  I've used the texture view and the viewport to fill the areas.  No matter what I cant seem to get them to fill correctly.

Have you use in the fill tool panel fill by "Surface Material" choosing each surface material separately. 

From your wording it appeared that your are using more than one surface material.

Picture included...

fill.PNG

Edited by digman

Can you share your model or the 3DC file. PM me if it needs to stay private. I will look at it to see about a possible solution.

What is your texture resolution or the one that you want.

Edited by digman

In your case you need to change the "Real Time Padding" mode to Naive Padding in the Preferences menu... Padding equals UV island bleed. 

3DC has 3 ways of creating Padding for the type of models that we are working on. One padding might work better than another depending upon the model. Just remember to change the setting when needed for another model type.

You can use the regular fill tool to fill in areas or use the Surface Material method explain earlier which ever one works for your workflow.

Wireframe shown on purpose. Read the tool tip for each padding type. Also 3DC default padding width is 256 pixels in the preferences menu. I set mine to 6 to 8 to 10 pixels depending upon the texture resolution. If I need a little more pixels for the bleed then of course I can set it for more pixels.

My preferences setting is set at "alway make padding". 

clean.PNG

prep.JPG

Edited by digman
  • Like 3

Its stupid that it was so simple, I figured it might have something to do with padding so I did try looking for documentation on that but couldn't find any.  Thanks for the for help.