3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Depth painting amplified on certain parts of the UVs

AlienMinefield

• Contributor

Hello, I've been using 3D-Coat for a good while now but I've never run into an issue quite like this. When I import this particular model that I've been given to texture, I noticed that there were these strange diagonal bands in the texture editor. I didn't think much of it at first but when I paint with depth information, the depth gets applied at maximum strength when inside these bands regardless of what the brush strength is.

This only seems to happen with this particular model. I've included the .obj version, but I can't figure out what aspect of the model may be causing this. The bands don't seem to correlate with any of the edges on the model. There is only 1 UV set on the mesh (I've checked it in 3ds Max, Blender, and Maya, all showing the same thing). The problem occurs regardless of whether I export it as a .fbx or a .obj. This problem occurs with this model in both 3D-Coat 4.5 and 4.7 regardless of the texture resolution I specify when I import the model for per-pixel painting.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? You help is much appreciated!

Depth_Amplified.JPG

UVMap_NormalColor_Marked.JPG

UVMap_NormalColor_ZoomedOut.JPG

HumanShip01_Arm.obj