3D Coat Forums
Hrungdak

3dCoat not starting

Hi

I have a new laptop and installed 3dCoat (downloaded today, v4.7.35). 

The install process went through without errors. I startet 3dCoat via the link in the start menu (link names 3D-Coat(DX)).

The splash screen pops up. After some seconds another window in the backgroud pops up with the caption 3D-COAT 4.7.35(DX64). The second window is completely white. Then nothing else happens. Splash screen and second window are visible and nothing changes. I have waitet for about 5 minutes and stopped the program with the task manager.

I deinstalled, downloaded the same version again and tried it again, same result.

What else can i do to get it running?

Regards

Alex

Edit: after some seconds the task goes to 0% cpu load.

Just as I was answering this post, my laptop's mainboard died. So I have to wait until Monday to continue with tests.

Here are the Specs of the Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560

i7700 HQ

32 GB Ram

NVidia Geforce 1050 GTX

As soon as the laptop is working again, i will install the new (beta) version. I think it could be some rights problem, so I will install the program in another folder than Program Files. I'll keep you informed. Thanks for your help so far.

Regards

Alex

Edited by Hrungdak
typo
  • Like 2

I wish you good luck with your problem.

• Like 2

Laptop is a mini beast , i dont think you are going to have any issues with 3D Coat for most if not all tasks.

Best of luck with the problem as well.

• Like 1

OK, Laptop is running again (Mainboard exchanged).

I installed the 4.7.36 Version and nothing changed. I installed it alternately in C:\Tools\3dCoat-Folder, but same behaviour. 

If I install 3dCoat in a virtual machine running under VMWare-Player, all works like charm. I don't have a clue where to search for the problem. Is there any Log-file or sth that i can view?

• Like 1

Hi, please send support-related question to Andrew Shpagin at

support@3dcoat.com

Thx

• Like 2

This may be the most bizarre case i ever heard.

BUT it sounds like a driver issue , GPU driver.

• Like 1

Maybe your laptop came with a preinstalled security software that automatically sandboxes applications it doesn't recognize? Some programs may malfuction when run from in a sandbox. Just shooting in the dark here.

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

@ajz3d: hmm, Nothing on the machine but Windows Defender. I ran the program with admin rights, don't know what there could be else. But thanks for the hint.

@MichaelGdrs: driver is always a good candidate. I will try to test for updates again (done already some days ago, but...)

• Like 1