3DCoat Forums

Bake settings

ss3D

Hello,

I've been learning 3D Coat (latest version on Steam) and currently hit a blocker that I can't seem to find any good resources on. All the tutorials I find on this are out of date.

I have some normal map issues after baking. Most tutorials I've seen say to redo the bake and set up zones for the bake cage for the problem spots. 3D Coat 4.7 doesn't seem to have these zones anymore. Instead I see "scan depth altering tools". The buttons on the left are blank. The "how to use" button leads to: http://www.3dcoat.com/files/Happy_baking_guide2.pdf, which does not explain what to do if the buttons are blank.

Attached is a screenshot of my bake settings window, and also a screenshot of the Happy Baking Guide 2's bake settings for comparison. Am I missing something?

my-bakeSettingsWindow.JPG

guide-bakeSettingsWindow.JPG

My bake window is like that too. I have the steam pro version of 3d coat.  I wonder if something about the steam installation is wrong!  I was wondering why those buttons were blank and I was completely unable to bake high to low.  When I tried all i got was the shader applied to paint materials, or else a base color but not the full texture from high to low.   For this last time sensitive project I had I ended up taking the retopo mesh and hand painting it in substance out of desperation.  If we have the steam version is there a way to get a valid serial number that would let us install a fresh non-connected-to-steam version of 3d coat?

I thought maybe I was just doing it wrong but with those blank buttons.... I wonder.

Edited by Kierab

Ok so then the steam version is bugged? I uninstalled the steam version and installed the latest stable non-steam version, and those buttons are no longer blank. Thanks!

Unfortunately using the scan depth altering tools did not solve a particular bake issue I'm getting, but I'll make a separate post about that.