3DCoat Forums

Colour information missing when using smart materials

TC Oz

Hello everybody,

I have created a model in 3D Coat consisting of 3 objects with three different UV maps in it. Whenever I try to apply a smart material, only roughness, metalness and depth information is projected on the model. The colour information is missing no matter if I use the preview window or apply the texture. The colour information in the menue is activated. I am using 3D Coat version 4.7.36. Do you have an idea where the problem is?

Regards,

Ozan

The channels are checked. The color selector is not blocked. I have got a whole bunch of layers in the layers panel. Each objects has it's own diffuse, roughness and metalness layer. If I click those, the colour information is there but I want to have the combined information on layer 1.

3D Coat001.jpg

Another interesting thing: The areas which are hidden from light are black. I have a black uv map and I have a black color, when I paint. I think it has something to do with the ambient occlusion. How can I fix that?

black areas.jpg

black uv.jpg

Edited by TC Oz

Latest version have great improvement on textures quality, give it a try.

Bake Ambient Occlusion again using this command and this parameter, i always avoid to use AO option when bake from retopo Room.

Calculate Occlusion in Paint room make better maps.

Hope this help.

CalculateOcclusion.jpg

OcclusionParameters.jpg

O.k., thank you. I can paint the whole object now but even though I have installed the latest version, the fill bucket still gives another result than if I directly paint by hand. Is that a bug? And I have another question. Sometimes I have the feeling that in some materials the bump ist to strong. Even if I go down to 2% depth information, the bump ist very visible. Is there a way how I can "finetune" the bump information?

Edited by TC Oz

It is possible that your voxel/surface mode object is hiding the baked normal map model.

If this is the case under the View window deselect "show voxels in paint room"

I have been able to achieve much higher quality by using a combination of high resolution textures and a nice high resolution mesh/UV.

Hello Carlosan and thanks for your support again. I am not quite sure if "show voxels in paint room" is the same as "Voxelebenen anzeigen" in the german version. Translated into english it means "show voxel layers". I couldn't find somethin meaning the same as "show voxels in paint room". I have attached a screen shot. I have deselected it but I still have the same problem using the fill tool (see pictures). The preview windows shows somethin totally different than the result of the fill bucket.

Voxelebenen anzeigen.jpg

previev.jpg

fill tool.jpg