3DCoat Forums

Texture export & 3dcoat Texture Editor - Different Look

firexstudio

10 minutes ago, Michaelgdrs said:

What export preset are you using? Each export preset gives different values / results.

You should use the pbr default export ---> Pbr Metalness 

I just did it, its still the same. And also it fills spaces with 50% visible gray color for some reason so I cant add other parts of the object 

gimp-2.8_2017-09-28_11-53-56.thumb.png.1d5b30f5d41d227f19852f9adb226a8e.png

Edit: I got rid of alpha channel, here is what it looks like now... Anyway to remove the gray?

gimp-2.8_2017-09-28_11-58-00.thumb.png.f00bcc7543bcff342036ca2c80315ab2.png

Edited by firexstudio

• Contributor

You can add as many parts as your uv space allows , there is not a problem with the additional background base color (grey)

If you are using the unity plug in , then , those are the correct values (exported) in order to use with Unity.

Plus , for unity export it contains other values as well if you check the export preset.

Glossiness or Roughness in metallic (reason you are getting different result)

Albedo alpha etc

unity_ex.jpg

3 minutes ago, Michaelgdrs said:

You can add as many parts as your uv space allows , there is not a problem with the additional background base color (grey)

If you are using the unity plug in , then , those are the correct values (exported) in order to use with Unity.

Plus , for unity export it contains other values as well if you check the export preset.

Glossiness or Roughness in metallic (reason you are getting different result)

Albedo alpha etc

Thing is I cant add any parts cuz if I do, thats what happens:

gimp-2.8_2017-09-28_12-10-53.thumb.png.04716fb3a9fcbc57c1e88f5b21eb773b.pnggimp-2.8_2017-09-28_12-11-08.thumb.png.30220a38e29f4263a81109b4e34684ef.png

Due to the fact that it has 50% opaque grey layer for some reason. Also is there any way I can get exact same look as in texture editor? 

• Contributor

Hmmmm , unfortunately cant replicate right now , but yeah this shouldn't be happening.

I will try to replicate today at some point if nobody else answer on this and come up with a solution for you.

On 9/28/2017 at 2:18 PM, Carlosan said:

Hi

Are you using latest version ?

19 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Just tried , no problem here , cant replicate even if i import a second model and retopo / bake it , using latest beta 4.8.03.

Using 4.8 . Not baking the texture since im noob and have no idea what that does but exporting it. 

• Contributor

I mean to bake the sculpt details to the low poly . Maybe you just imported in the paint room for per pixel painting?

Edited by Michaelgdrs

4 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

I mean to bake the sculpt details to the low poly . Maybe you just imported in the paint room for per pixel painting?

Im doing Paint UV map Mesh. I feel so stupid. Spent like 170+ hours in it on Steam, and I still have no idea what I am doing. I was only making skins for video game items in 3d-coat and now when I need something else I cannot do things lol