3DCoat Forums

Export 3DB as OBJ with textures

kenmo

• Advanced Member

Not sure if this is the proper place for this post as I'm not a 3DC pro nor intermediate and I'm not totally a 3DC noob.

I've textured a model in 3DC's native format  in the paint room. It has no UV mapping. I did not convert  it to an OBJ and import it into the paint room. I am using 3DC's native file format with the intent of doing a 3DC render then import into Photoshop or ArtRage to paint over.

I textured in the paint room using pbr shaders and also used 3DC's bridge to the external editor (in my case Photoshop CC 2017).

After I finished texturing I decided I would export to an OBJ to use in Daz Studio or Vue Complete. However when I re-import the OBJ into 3DC there are no textures (pbr shaders or Photoshop).

In the folder where I exported the model is only the OBJ and associated MTL file.

Is there any way of texturing a native 3DC model in the paint room and exporting to OBJ with texturing applied?

I thinking it's not possible but just curious if if can be done.

Cheers & many thanks...

Ken

PS: Just getting back into 3DCoat as I spend most of the summer with my Nikon DSLRs shooting  well over 6,000 raw photos or landscapes, classic cars, hot rods and scenes. Most of my time has been in Lightroom CC 2017 & Photoshop CC 2017.  So now a little rusty in 3DCoat, Silo3D & Moi3D.

Edited by kenmo
typos