3DCoat Forums

simple primitives

Combatkat

I am extremely new to 3dCoat and 3d art in general.  I am learning as fast as I can and have watched a ton of videos but what I have come to realize is that until you put your hands on 3dCoat, you will never really truly get good at it.  So to this end I am starting with primitives, if anyone has a specific primitive they would like made please let me know.  I plan on making a ton of these but this is just a start.  I am starting with model bases then I want to do gemstone shapes.  I will take any suggestions or comments.  This is a great forum and you all have been very helpful.  thank you and enjoy these primitives can be used with no restrictions.

ps.  This is my first upload I don't know how to show pics like the pros but if someone will point me in the right direction I will gladly start adding them.

Hexagon insert.obj

Hexagon.obj

Hi !

Here is a tutorial on using primitives in 3D coat voxel sculpting room. These are powerful when combined to Subtract, Add and other tools available. Voxels are powerful feature of 3D Coat and shouldn't be underestimated even when compared to zBrush equivalent. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Once you get your hands dirty, you will be surprised how simple and easy this application is to use... Despite my original "thinking" of 3DC,,,, It's user interface it very user friendly....