3DCoat Forums

UE4 archviz asset remodelling

davide445

Currently experimenting archviz on UE4, I'm wondering if I can use 3DC as a fairly basic obj/fbx hard surface asset re-modelling tool.

Just as example I need to close door holes on a wall, or change the shape of skirting, exporting the pre-made asset from UE4 and changing it, next exporting him back to UE.

In my experience with 3DC the feeling is it's not what is focused on, got a demo copy of C4D and was able to achieve this in a short time, but the price is overkill for my needs.

• Like 1

The referred post speak about primitives, but my goal it's a bit different, in modifying an existing mesh using polygon pen or similar.

Want to understand if this is also possible, and under what category need I to import the mesh (not for retopo, not for printing, not for....)

• Like 1

You mean about the Add and Edit Geometry tool in retopo room?

Apologize for being pedant, in 3DC I need always some time to grab the concept since I didn't find a clear separation of the features and as example retopo room can in fact do a lot of things, so if is some time I didn't work in 3DC I forget I can't rely only on the names to understand what you can actually do.

Edited by davide445
  • Like 1

• Contributor

Everything you see on this render (except body and hair) was created in the retopo room , some parts where brought to sculpt room for details AND edited back in the retopo room as well , or made new retopo objects based on the new sculpts (to be more precise in my explanation) .

large.InstantLight_Mouse_Character_3dc.p

Body was made in the sculpt room , just to clear this out.

Edited by Michaelgdrs