3DCoat Forums

Country man

Daniel

Hi folks!!! :)

This is my couple hours playing with the head found in 'samples' folder ;)

I did only the sculpt (not volumetric)... but because of the model is only 40,000 polys ears are very poor (I didn't want to reload hi-poly and do everything again)

Please leave your comments. This is my first sculpt work (i'm a baby in 3D world) I know it's more to improve!!! I'm gonna paint it also and add details...

Good luck to everyone and happy coating ;)

post-896-1233343386_thumb.png

post-896-1233343456_thumb.png

Nice start. If you're a newborn, try volumetric sculpting: pure fun, no limits :) !

Thanx for reply Eric! :) I think i'll delay with this guy and try to make smth in vox! Maybe that will be saint Paul statue!

How do you think is it better to make a base mesh or to do quite everything in vox mode???

;) happy coating...

Daniel

• Advanced Member
Thanx for reply Eric! :) I think i'll delay with this guy and try to make smth in vox! Maybe that will be saint Paul statue!

How do you think is it better to make a base mesh or to do quite everything in vox mode???

;) happy coating...

Daniel

Voxel mode requires less planning, so you're free to change stuff as much as you like without being restrained by topology. It's great for organic freeform sculpting. The downside is that retopo is much more complicated if you make complex shapes or want to deform the object and auto-quadrangulation isn't perfect yet. If you already have concept art, you might as well model and unwrap it in your favorite app, then paint on it in 3d coat.

Voxel mode requires less planning, so you're free to change stuff as much as you like without being restrained by topology. It's great for organic freeform sculpting. The downside is that retopo is much more complicated if you make complex shapes or want to deform the object and auto-quadrangulation isn't perfect yet. If you already have concept art, you might as well model and unwrap it in your favorite app, then paint on it in 3d coat.

Thanks for helping me!!! i'm just gathering speed in all that stuff! :) I must say I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!