3DCoat Forums

organic sculpting of clothes and hair

Combatkat

I have been combing the internet for vids and tuts on sculpting clothing (particuliarly medieval) and mostly get speed sculpting which doesnt really help.  there are a couple but not enough to learn is there somewhere I can turn.  Also I was wondering if the cloth tool could be used to make hair cards.  Most of the videos on this matter seem to suggest using another 3d app but I can't believe as powerful as 3d Coat is that no one has come up with a way to make realistic hair in this program.  One other problem is understanding workflow.  I noticed that there are many ways to work but sometimes giving so many choices is confusing.  Are there books on 3d Coat or courses that use 3d Coat, especially online since I live in a rural area. 

Each program has its specialties. which are where the development team focuses.

As well as 3DCoat is good at sculpture, retopology and digital painting, there are other specialized programs in hair creation or clothing simulation.

About 3DC common workflow, hope this help.

Carlosan, thank you so much for your help I have only seen 3 of these videos before the rest are new to me.  I am slowly starting to understand the process of sculpting with voxels.  I just keep rewatching and trying some of the techniques used, its just I forget I must crawl before I can walk.  Thanks again for this help.