3DCoat Forums

renderman integration

castaneda

• Advanced Member

I'm finding that I'm not getting full access to renderman tools inside 3d coat. I don't have lights. or do I have to use 3d coat lights which aren't movable or seen. Essentially I don't see renderman menues for lights, gamma, ect. 3d coat lights are not adjustable like in renderman. I saw a video on using renderman in 3d coat by Adam Gibson but it did not explain much. Just wondering if any one else is having any difficulties with renderman. The renderman sight says that even the non-commercial version has full capabilities but for some reason I didnt get full access. Adam did say that its still in beta or working on making it more compatable. Still I'm not getting the same screen view with renderman as Adam does. Maybe ill delete it and download again?Capture.thumb.PNG.c7cb7f2950451b1bd602500960496cc3.PNG

• Reputable Contributor
12 minutes ago, castaneda said:

yes. already seen that video. not comprehensive enough.

That's the dilemma. If you make a comprehensive video, people complain that you need to keep it brief and basically...."get to the f-ing point" (their words, not mine). If you make it short and sweet, it's not comprehensive enough.

Regardless, there isn't much else to show. 3D Coat converts the materials for the user, and the gamma/exposure controls are indeed mentioned in that video. It also shows that using a shader with emissive parameters on an object in the scene can be used as a light source.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...