3DCoat Forums

Object import

• Advanced Member

Yesterday I imported several models

I set the scale of the first on to 2000 in the import tool, since I couldn't zoom close enough to them otherwise.  (It's irritating btw. that this field is immediately reset back to 100. I'm not sure what's happening at this point in time and that's a bad thing. I guess the scene scale as a whole is changed, since the scene scale under geometry is now 20,  but this is not what I would be expecting from changing the scale of an imported model and the changes should be apparent and displayed in the import dialog.)

I then imported the other models which worked fine without having to adjust the size (another hint that the scene scale has been changed).

I closed the scene and reopen it today.

I try to import further meshes. (Just like yesterday, I create a new layer and import). 

The meshes have seemingly random scales, positions and pivots. I tried some of the ones who worked yesterday

Please advise. 

Edit: Fixed it by duplicating into one of the old layers (cloned and emptied) so the problem is no longer urgent. Please explain what's going on, here, though. Do layers have their own transforms? And why would a newly created layer have some odd transforms?

Edited by Findus

• Advanced Member

Thanks, will look into it!

Does this happen because of different resolutions (E. g. a layer with 10x has different transforms than one with 5x) and can the resolution be changed independently of layer transforms? 

Edit: Wait, I think I get it. Layers are objects in 3d-coat world. 

Edited by Findus
  • Like 1