3DCoat Forums

Place image onto unwrapped mesh in UV Editor?

fractionalist

Regarding placing Images onto the unwrapped mesh in the UV Editor Window, - I need to print a UV Map with an image visible on it. Is it possible to DRAG'N DROP an image onto the UNWRAPPED MESH in the UV Editor Window, or save the UNWRAPPED part - flat - with the IMAGE on it? I need to wrap images on a 3d object - and then SEE IT on the FLAT UV - and EXPORT & SAVE that... flat - for printing. I purchased 3dCoat for this purpose, however, I havent' taken any lessons on how to use it. If I can print the flat UV surface - or is it possibly better if I UNROLL the round surface (flat) and then place the image on that, and if so, will I see the IMAGE in the UV Editor?

Your model is in UVroom, have Uvs and was unwrapped and baked to Paint room ?

Best way could be export the UVLayout using Layers > Export > Colors (.psd file). Open it.

Then export only the Wireframe layer (as png)

Use textures > Import> Color : Select the wireframe texture.The texture will be placed over the model

Export the model and the color as .ply file format

If you printer allow .ply file format, you can print that UV Map layout onto the mesh.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...