3DCoat Forums

Newbie Needs Help

Missy

Hello. I am pretty new here so bear with me please.  I am trying to create an eye. So I have a sphere object and an image of an eyeball.  I am trying to place the image onto the sphere.  I saw a  youtube video that describes a fairly straightforward process.  I have tried this but can't find the PictMat_MatCap shader that he uses in this video in order to get his result, which looks great.

I am working with the latest version of 3D Coat and wonder if this technique can currently be done? If not, would someone point me in the right direction?  I just want to do a simple eyeball.

Hope this shader pack* help.

Feel free to change any texture.

* You can install any asset from File > Install extension. Once installed you'll need to reboot 3DC. Each asset will show in their respective panels after that.

J_Eyes.3dcpack

Eye.jpg

• Advanced Member

It can be done, I did it by following the video linked.  I don't remember the specifics though, so don't have any advice.  It is a pretty limited solution though since it really doesn't exist, it's really just a filler whilst modeling.

(or better yet just use the shader pack Carlosan linked while I was typing this :) )

• Like 1

Thanks Carlosan & Falconius! Just what I needed! One question: What's the best way to give the iris a crisp edge? The edges of my eye look jagged (aliased?) Do I need to increase the resolution of the sphere? 

Here's something else, all in 3DC: Let's say I create a model in one project and want to use it in another project.  Is there a way to "append" a model from one file into another file so I don't have to recreate it? Thanks again for your help

!5a2ebc70c3318_ScreenShot2017-12-11at12_11_37PM.thumb.png.9999f5ab18caa6b98641505b7883b0c5.png

• Reputable Contributor
49 minutes ago, Missy said:

Thanks Carlosan & Falconius! Just what I needed! One question: What's the best way to give the iris a crisp edge? The edges of my eye look jagged (aliased?) Do I need to increase the resolution of the sphere? 

Here's something else, all in 3DC: Let's say I create a model in one project and want to use it in another project.  Is there a way to "append" a model from one file into another file so I don't have to recreate it? Thanks again for your help

Save the 3DC file with the created eye. If you need to append the model to the current scene you are working in do the below.

Right click on the model or a vox tree layer and choose import 3B file. The file will be appended to the current one.

Side Note: If the current scale in the new scene is different 3DC will give you a choice of keeping scale or changing the appended file to the new scene scale. 

solution.jpg