3DCoat Forums

Projection painting in 3D coat blue tint

Nathana

I'm learning 3D coat. I want to use it to do projection painting on a model but I can't get it to work correctly. Firstly I tried importing my image to a stencil but the the color was supper washed out like the lightness was turn up to high no mater what setting i choose. I saw a tutorial on line that shows importing an image to a material. When i do this and paint through the image the result is tinted blue no mater what i do. I only have color chosen and i turned off the color swatch in the upper left. seems like this function should just work. I really want to love 3d coat as it does some things so well but why should this simple task be difficult. any help appreciated. 

thanks,

Nathan

Hi

When using image projection to paint, a color will be added simultaneously unless you disable that function. To disable it, right-click on the color swatch icon at the top of the painting tool panel (this is NOT the same icon as the green ball icon above the viewport). A large "X" will appear over the color swatch, which means that it is disabled, and only the color of your image will be projected when painting.

Make sure you have enabled only those "channels" (Depth, Diffuse Color, Specular Intensity) that you wish to transfer to your model.

22 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi

When using image projection to paint, a color will be added simultaneously unless you disable that function. To disable it, right-click on the color swatch icon at the top of the painting tool panel (this is NOT the same icon as the green ball icon above the viewport). A large "X" will appear over the color swatch, which means that it is disabled, and only the color of your image will be projected when painting.

Make sure you have enabled only those "channels" (Depth, Diffuse Color, Specular Intensity) that you wish to transfer to your model.

Thanks for the response. I saw this exact response while searching the internet here: http://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12709-solved-painting-textures-with-an-image/ 

As i mentioned in my post,  I only have color channel chosen and i turned off the color swatch in the upper left (by right clicking). This has not solve the problem. In the video i found online they use material not smart material. I can't find material so I assume that's not the problem. Whats strange is the Image over lay in the main window is the correct color but the thumbnail in the smart materials pallet is tinted blue and then when i paint to a new layer the result is also tinted blue. Any more ideas how to fix this issue?

thanks

Hi and welcome!

You also need to turn off the color of the smart material. But since you have the main diffuse color channel off this shouldn't matter in this case. Could you share a screenshot of the entire 3DC window? It might help us solve your issue. =)

A note, "materials" were replaced with smart materials.