3DCoat Forums

Holes in geometry

• Reputable Contributor

Possible cause of your mesh errors is the red warning (non_uniform) at the bottom of the 3DC interface in your first picture. In 3DC when transforming along one axis, it stretches the voxels or if in surface mode the polygons.  The reason for the red warning at the bottom. This must be fixed or you will have errors in the mesh. 

Each time after transforming along one axis, right click on the model / model part or it's vox tree layer and choose to "Global Space". This will remove the stretching and will increase the voxel or surface mode polygon count some. You will have to fix each layer that has the error.

Not sure now since you saved the file with the errors how well to Global Space will correct them. Just have to try it.

Edited by digman
added info

59 minutes ago, digman said:

Possible cause of your mesh errors is the red warning (non_uniform) at the bottom of the 3DC interface in your first picture. In 3DC when transforming along one axis, it stretches the voxels or if in surface mode the polygons.  The reason for the red warning at the bottom. This must be fixed or you will have errors in the mesh. 

Each time after transforming along one axis, right click on the model / model part or it's vox tree layer and choose to "Global Space". This will remove the stretching and will increase the voxel or surface mode polygon count some. You will have to fix each layer that has the error.

Not sure now since you saved the file with the errors how well to Global Space will correct them. Just have to try it.

Thank you for the answer. I believe I get this error because of geometry I imported from 3ds max (without voxelization).