3DCoat Forums

wintab vs tablet pc

houGenie

• Advanced Member

Hi guys,

so I have installed yesterday the windows creator fall update and now 3d coat does not work with a stylus in the wintab mode (it is only possible to orbit around). So I switched to tablet pc mode in 3d coat preferences and the problem is that it is very clunky (especially the zoom is very slow) compared to wintab. I use it on my 3 year old laptop so other users may not notice this.

I have tried to install the newest wacom wintab drivers but this did not change anything. I am using 3d coat 4.8.08. Is there any chance the wintab mode will work like in the past again ?

On 12/18/2017 at 2:31 AM, emkay said:

Unfortunately the Fall Creators Update changed a lot of things for a lot of people. Quite a lot of posts about on MS forums and elsewhere. Seems that pen inputs are now being recognized as fingers. Which is definitely not what we want for 3DCoat or any other professional use. Part of the beauty of touch and pen interfaces is that they are different. In fact, it's what sold me on not only 3D Coat but also buying a Surface product. I wrote MS a message about it. Hopefully they change the behaviour since I don't think any "pro" user wants their pen inputs to behave this way. Weird (and major) change on MS's part.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:10 PM, ChristianClavet said:

Hi, Sergyi, looking at your report, it seem you had a fresh installation of windows 10 and installed the windows update drivers for the video card and not got it from the nvidia web site directly.
Can you confirm that you downloaded and installed the driver from NVidia web site?

The lag, I saw in the video were refresh redraw update, like as 3D Coat requested an update to the rendering of the scene and something interfered (could be potentially a issue with the GeForce experience or Windows 10 game mode stuff). I doubt it could come from a driver tablet.

I'm working with the GL version here in Windows 10, but keep GeForce experience not opened. On Windows 10 they recently implemented in game mode the game bar with DVR screen recording. That may be interfering with 3D Coat. All of that stuff is off here.

Hi, I have 3D Coat 4.8.0.7, Windows 10 is fully updated to fall creator update, a NVidia GTX 1080 and working with a old wacom intuos 3 tablet. It's working in wintab mode. I don't have any issues to report for the tablet here. But I'm not using the keys on the tablet only on the pen.

It's not working at all or you have specific issues?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, ChristianClavet said:

Hi, I have 3D Coat 4.8.0.7, Windows 10 is fully updated to fall creator update, a NVidia GTX 1080 and working with a old wacom intuos 3 tablet. It's working in wintab mode. I don't have any issues to report for the tablet here. But I'm not using the keys on the tablet only on the pen.

It's not working at all or you have specific issues?

It is not working at all in the wintab mode. Only orbiting arount is possible.

• 5 months later...

Ah dang... SO here's an update 
I use acronis imaging so I can jump around to different versions of windows and test things and honestly, keep my self pretty clean!

So I read somewhere that it was the fall creators update that screwed everything up, so I figured "eh Ill just do a barebones install and see if this works"

I'm currently running build 14393 with the latest version of 3D coat (64 bit) on my surface book 1. Wintab mode does not work with pressure sensitivity as well on this so I am not sure if the fall creators update was the only thing screwing this all up. Perhaps the latest wintab driver itself? I'm not the smartest in this department but I thought I'd let you guys know. I'll update here after some more test!

• Reputable Contributor

On the Beta Download page, where you would click on the latest build, there is a note about the Fall Creator's Update screwing things up, and that TabletPC mode would be the one to use...at least for now, until or unless something changes.

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] wintab vs tablet pc
  • 5 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to wintab vs tablet pc
  • 2 years later...

Well no Idea what happened here but after couple od days during my play with 3DC my wacom tablet stop working allowing me just orbit. TabletPC helped but I don’t remeber to setting it like this before. I reset all settings couple of times and I think it worked before without switching to tabletpc.  

I have installed Wacom drivers once more and it works. strange

....after 15 minutes it stopped working (main move = orbit etc) and then i went to preferences, set it once more like this and worked in wintab. What is going on???

Edited by zayca