3DCoat Forums

Microsoft dam near breaking stylus support for 3d-Coat

The fall creator update has many features. One of them effectively  reverses the way styluses behave system wide.

I have to constantly hold a button down to do anything in 3d-Coat. It seems swiping the stylus accross the screen simulates a left click drag from a mouse. Now when browsing the internet microsoft decided to make stylus drag the screen around just like your finger ALREADY does. The stylus use to highlight text but now it's an eleventh finger! Now to highlight with wacom stylus I have hold a button down(labeled barrel) in the control panel to do so. This also means 3d coat is kind of reversed since this update. Swiping the screen now rotates the screen. To scale a primitive I have hold the button down. Can you guys fix this somehow because plenty of people have complained to microsoft and still nothing. It looks like they don't give a shit.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-touch/pen-issues-after-the-fall-creator-update/089a9aed-bbed-4a47-9d4c-6bbad0075f9d

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfaccesso-surfpen/surface-pen-not-working-after-fall-creator-update/77c75603-f6b5-42b0-a352-4682b89e407a

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-touch/stylus-settings-after-fall-creators-update/77340c0e-410c-4f4d-bf62-ed5312072ac0

Guess I'm not using this update. I'm not sure how this will affect programs going forward. I use Akeytsu for animation and that sall fraked as well.

Edited by Torrentula

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

At my home workstation I'm still on Win7, so I'm not entirely affected by this and I can't effectively troubleshoot. That said, does turning off "Use Windows Ink" in the Wacom tablet properties help?

I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm at work on my workstation there, it's running the Win10 fall creators update.

• Reputable Contributor

I was annoyed with it as well, but I just turned off the INK AND PEN settings, IIRC. I recently purchased the 2017 version of the Intuos Pro (medium) and it still acts kind of quirky. When I click on a taskbar icon, sometimes, it acts like I am RMB clicking.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here with my Lenovo Mix. It took me some while to figure out that it happened after the 1709 update of Microsoft.

After trying alot of different things I did a rollback but that‘s just a temporary solution as we all know. The updates are already lurking ....

I noticed there is a report on Mantis for 3D Coat regarding this problem, maybe they can solve this issue.

Cheers, David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...